Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Oh What A Feeling!

I had one of "those" dreams last night. You know the ones-the pregnancy dreams. The ones that usually leave an infertile woman bereft, and in an ill mood for the rest of the day. The ones that make you never want to wake up, because the dream is so wonderful.

However, I am excited to report that instead of feeling down today, I'm actually happy and peaceful. That is a significant change for me, and gives me hope that this "happy mode" of mine is around to stay.

The dream itself was wonderful, but weird, as dreams usually are. I was in a Wal*Mart-type store, looking for some clothes, when my best friend asked me why I wasn't looking in the maternity section, since regular clothes wouldn't fit anymore. It was then that I suddenly "remembered" that I was indeed pregnant! I looked down at my body in awe and saw that I must have lost a significant amount of weight prior to conceiving, because even my pregnant body was smaller overall than what I am now. I wandered over to the baby furniture to price cribs, and Jake met me over there. We both looked at each other in amazement and let out a shriek of joy because it hit us that we were going to finally be parents. It was so sweet and wonderful to have that feeling of love and joy wash over us. I also knew for some reason, that we were having a boy, which is odd only because I had a different dream the other night that I was holding my newborn son.

All in all I am greatly encouraged that I can find a peace in these images, that I no longer wake up crying and asking "why me". I feel so positive at the moment that these dreams will become a reality sooner rather than later. I don't know how or why I feel that way, but I just hope that the "intuition" is correct. Guess I'll just have to wait and see-and for the first time, I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Natalee - what a vivid dream. My dreams never make any sense and are quite bizarre (always have been).

Good to hear from you!

epalmer said...

Just consider yourself lucky for being able to have AND REMEMBER such an uplifting dream. The only ones I ever remember always involve some woodland creatures trying to gnaw my earlobes off. Not really uplifting. But funny none the less.